Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 24, 2009

The 1994 Pilgrimage across Spain


This was the final day of my first walk across Spain. I set out from Jaca, a small mountain town on the Camino de Santiago in the Pyrenees, which drops down from Samport on the border of France. I actually kayaked two days along the Rio Aragon with my friend Cuqui - lucky me, a kayaking peregina. On the Camino between Jaca and Puente la Riena where all roads meet, I encountered "O" pilgrims. There were some very lonely stretches of road, lots of wheat fields with one thin footpath lightly trodden. Once in Puente, 20 K south of Pamplona, the world of pilgrimage opened up. Me and my family of 10 from around the world slowly walked to Santiago together, inch by inch, step by step, west into the setting sun. 32 days later and nearly 500 miles, we touched down in front of the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela. This was only the end of the beginning for me. http://www.spanishsteps.com
















Camino de Santiago http://www.spanishsteps.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment